If you’re looking to make more money in 2022, you’ve probably considered starting a side hustle. While side hustles can be a great way to make extra cash, it’s important that you choose a profitable venture. To help with that here’s a list of the top five most profitable side hustles you can start in 2022.
1. Delivery Jobs
One of the most common, and profitable, ways to earn extra money is by delivering goods. DoorDash, Instacart, GrubHub, and UberEats are all great options that are available in most areas. Delivery gigs like this allow you to set your own schedule so you can deliver when you have the time.
The pay varies depending on who you work for, what type of orders you accept, and where you live. That being said, if you’re willing to put in the hours it can lead to quite the payout. One young man working for UberEats famously made $8,000 in one month by working for 12 hours daily. While that may not be the average story, it shows the potential.
2. Join the Work From Home World
Working from home has become far more common in the last few years and you can join the trend. Here are a few websites that are well known in the work-from-home world.
- As the name suggests, this site is all about filling out surveys. You’ll be paid via PayPal.
- This app is all about skill sharing. You can earn extra cash as a proofreader, audio mixer, graphic designer, or in a host of other roles.
- Fat Llama. This site allows you to rent out your possessions when you aren’t using them. Camera lenses, DJ equipment, skis, you name it and you can probably list it.
If none of these are quite right, try running “work from home, part-time” through a search engine.
Ridesharing is probably the most well-known money making side hustle. Lyft and Uber operate in most areas and it’s a great way to meet new people while making money.
If you’re new to ridesharing, here are some tips to get you started.
- Hang out near busy sections of downtown on weekend nights. Especially if there’s a bar scene.
- Clock in to drive on holidays. There’ll be fewer drivers available and customers will pay higher rates.
- Find out when major sports events, concerts, and other events with big audiences are happening. Staying nearby will put you in the perfect position to snatch up some patrons.
- Be friendly and polite. You never know who you may pick up.
Check out the requirements for the different rideshare apps to see which will work best for you. Age and insurance requirements can vary state-to-state so be sure to familiarize yourself with the local laws.
4. Become a Virtual Assitant
Virtual assistants are in high demand in today’s world. Brands, influencers, artists, and the like all need people to help them keep afloat. Common tasks include responding to emails, setting up appointments, posting to social media, and proofreading.
Upwork, Fiverr, Fancyhands, and PeoplePerHour all have virtual assistant roles listed, so start filling out those applications. Don’t forget to include relevant skills, degrees, or experience. If you don’t have that kind of experience, consider taking a free course through Hubspot for email marketing or content creation. A typing test result or an internet speed diagnostics test are also great ways to set yourself apart.
5.Become A Tutor
Online tutoring lets you put your best skills to work. English and Math tutors are always in high demand, so consider focusing on one of those categories if you can. Check out Brainfuse, TutorMe, or VIPKID to get started.
Common responsibilities include helping students with homework, college prep, or test prep. Many parents are willing to pay top-dollar to ensure their child is ready for the ACT or SAT so if you were a top-scorer don’t forget to mention it.
If your goal for 2022 is to make serious money these five side hustles can help.