Sugar Mountain Ski Resort lies at the heart of Pisgah National Forest, about 70 miles northwest of Asheville, on the edge of Grandfather Mountain State Park. It is among the top destinations in the region for recreation and winter sports, and hence planning a trip to this resort through Capital Vacations Myrtle Beach would be a good idea. Capital Vacations, LLC is a resort management company. It connects independent resorts with travelers through technology platform and vacation products
Capital Vacations Myrtle Beach mentions the things to do at Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
Sugar Mountain Ski Resort is perched at 5,300 feet along the Blue Ridge Mountains. It has more than a hundred acres of skiable terrain, along with 21 separate slopes for varied levels of tubing, snowboarding and skiing. Additional winter activities here include snow shoeing and ice skating. During the off season, on the other hand, guests may take lift rides to check out panoramic mountain views or take part in mountain biking.
Sugar Mountain provides a variety of activities for visitors of varied ages and skill levels. The top things to do here include:
- Skiing: The 21 slopes of Sugar Mountain feature eight chair lifts, and range from beginner to expert level. Many of the slopes here are beginner friendly. The longest run is about 1.5 miles, and more than ten slopes here are lit for night skiing and snowboarding.
- Tubing: The tubing park at the Sugar Mountain has multiple 700-foot-long tubing lanes serviced by a moving conveyor lift. Tickets have to be bought separately for the sessions. These sessions are about 1 hour and 45 minutes long and tend to run from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Ice Skating: Sugar Mountain has an expansive, 10,000-square-foot outdoor skating rink. This rink is located next to the tubing park. Rental stakes are available at the location in youth size 7 to adult size 14. Children have to be at least three years old in order to skate. The skating sessions last for ninety minutes.
- Snowshoeing: At the Sugar Mountain resort, one can enjoy guided snowshoeing tours of the property on selected days. These tours are open to both children and adults. Snowshoeing tours are an hour long, and include snowshoe rental.
- Snow Sports School: Anyone who is totally new to snow sports or want to improve their skills can get enrolled in a private or group snowboarding or skiing class. These classes are available for all levels, ages 8 and up.
- Mountain Biking: From Memorial Day through Labor Day weekend, guests can enjoy mountain biking on 7 miles of trails. These trails range from beginner-friendly to expert terrain. Guided mountain biking tours and lessons are also available at Sugar Mountain.
In addition to taking part in the activities mentioned above, people can enjoy scenic lift rides and special events by visiting Sugar Mountain through Capital Vacations Myrtle Beach. The winter season at the Sugar Mountain Ski Resort does vary annually, but usually runs from Thanksgiving till the end of March.