Working on Windows Live Mail one might receive Windows Live Mail error id 0x800ccc0f. The message /notification user might receive regarding this:
‘’Sending reported error (0x800CCC0F). The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues contact your ISP.’’
Before learning the tips and tricks to resolve this inconsistency, let’s discuss the basics in detail.
Know: What is Windows Live Mail Error Id 0x800ccc0f?
The Windows Live Mail Error 0x800ccc0f stands for the following error message – “unable to send or receive messages for your (user’s account name). Windows Live Mail is a freeware email client that was facilitated by Microsoft. It was used to login mail id and use all the functions provided by mailing services.
Error 0x800ccc0f can appear if you are using Windows Live Mail to send and receive emails on Windows 10.This error usually occurs due to a conflict between One Drive and Live Mail. Specifically, this error mostly shows up when users try to send images downloaded from OneDrive to their emails.
If your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Then, possible causes behind this can be a server problem, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.”
Reasons behind Windows Live Mail Error Id 0x800ccc0f:
There could be three main reasons behind the occurrence of this error. They can be –
- Incorrect POP settings – It happens quite frequently. Moreover, it can be caused because of incorrect SSL or SMTP settings.
- Windows Mail bug – Sometimes bugs affect the email clients that restrict a user to forward email messages.
- 3. Firewall blocking the port that is used by email clients – This can be in regards to third-party software. The windows firewall is used to protect the system from error causing inconsistencies. The Windows firewall is designed to permit the port through if not arranged physically to set it back.
The Windows firewall is designed to permit the port through if the user does not have extra help. If you are with the Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F issue, we may have the option to assist you in such a situation. After certain verifications, we figured out how to recognize comparative strategies to resolve this issue. Let’s begin the fixing process.
How to Fix Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0f with Quick Techniques?
To abstain from ongoing issues, how about we discuss some direct triggers that might be causing the Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F issue. Here’s a quick overview of straightforward fixes to apply for quick results.
- Ensure that you don’t have numerous emails in your Inbox – A lot of clients have revealed that one can fix the issues by clearing out extra inbox The initial thing you should try for resolving the error code 0x800CCC0F is to remove all pending mails from your Windows Live account’s Outbox folder. This fix is particularly beneficial for those people who get the error even if they try to send a normal text email through Windows Live Mail. If you have a ton of messages (more than 5000), then erase/file them and restart the email account to verify whether the issue is settled yet or not.
You must follow these tips:
- Find Outbox in the left panel of your Windows Live Mailbox.
- Select every single pending e-mail with pictures attached as albums. (You should make a backup before deleting.)
- Delete all selected emails.
- Try to send a new mail with only text.
Error code 0x800CCC0F will most likely not appear again. If so, skip to the next solution.
- Sign out and re-login using credentials– Windows Live Mail has a known bug that neglects few messages when interrupted with the Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F blunder. Give marking a shot of your email incidentally an at that point sign in once more. If this is brought about by a bug, doing this will naturally resolve the issue.
- Re-check secret key and ports– Retype your client credentials (mail address and password) and confirm if the active/ approaching ports are designed accurately. If you utilize the default ports, quite possibly your email was not arranged effectively. Apart from your service provider, exploring online the valid manual settings and configuring then in Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail.
Alternative Solutions to fix Windows Live Mail Error
Try to send images as attachments instead of albums
The alternative solution you can try is to send images as attachments instead of albums. This roundabout certainly is going to fix error code 0x800CCC0F.
For this, use these steps:
- Open Windows Live Mail and click on create.
- Now take to cursor on the “Attach File” icon (small paperclip) and click.
- Search for the image you want to attach and then click on it. You can even select multiple images by using these steps and attach them to your mail you want to send. You just have to hold the Ctrl key while selecting the attachments.
- Once you’ve done that and added the required body and subject line, just submit it.
Hopefully, this doesn’t give error code 0x800CCC0F. Just in case, go to the next solution.
Reset your Windows Live Mail account
Resetting your Windows Live account can also help resolve the error code 0x800CCC0F.
You just need to follow these steps:
- Open Windows Live Mail and go to the option “Tools”.
- Then you need to take the cursor on “Accounts” and open it in the menu.
- Select the account you are facing problems in and delete
- Click on OK to verify.
- Now, try to log in to your account again and open the window by following points 1 and 2.
- Now take your cursor to the Add button and select the email account you are willing to log in.
- When you did it, at last, take your cursor on Next and then click on Finish.
Now try to send your email again. If this solution does not work, try using the next step
Fix Windows Live Mail
If all of the above solutions fail, try to repair Windows Live Mail. Follow these steps in order to repair:
- Go to the desktop and right-click on the desktop background then click on personalization.
- Now, click on the control panel and navigate to the option “Programs and Features”.
- Search “Windows Essentials” and select.
- Click on the Uninstall / Change button at the top of the window.
- Select Repair All Windows Live Programs in the dialog box that opens.
- Wait a little bit to complete the process. After you are done with it, restart your computer.
- Now I hope you would be able to send and receive the emails again.
Try sending your email again. If error code 0x800CCC0F persists, go to the next Solution below.
Disable your antivirus/firewall Temporarily
Whichever antivirus software program you are using, you must disable it. Since there are a couple of different antiviruses out there with exclusive steps to disable; I’ll stroll you via the everyday steps that will enable you to discern out how to disable the one you are using.
In most cases; AV can become off the use of the tray icon in the backside proper nook the place the clock is. You will want to open its menu to see the picks by means of hovering your mouse over the nook above the icon and (by right-clicking on it); After that, you have to see options. Use the excellent choice to disable it.
After disabling your AV software; go again to Windows Live Mail or Outlook and attempt sending an email. If a before despatched message is stuck; Press the F9 key to do receive/send everything. Check if this solves the problem, if not; then go to the subsequent method. Your antivirus software program has to stay disabled till we whole the ultimate method.
Simply change the SMTP Port
Now let’s test if the port is being used in the right way. Go to this web site Check your email settings and enter your electronic mail address. Look for the port beneath the Outgoing Mail Server. Once you have a port; exchange it in your mail client.
After altering the port; press F9 or strive to send it again. If the e-mail nevertheless might not come out; Turn off the router for 1 minute and then flip it lower back on to test again.
If the above method still doesn’t solve the problem; then go to the next method.
Optimistically one of these solutions worked for you. In addition, if you have any extra diagnose steps that you think are appropriate, you can use them and tell us about that solution that worked for you in the comment section below.
Some Windows Live Mail Error Id 0x800ccc0f Fixes:
This problem can be resolved by different types of processes. Here are a few listed methods that are most suitable for resolving the error occurred:
- Changing Ports
The primary fix inline messages include resetting your port settings.
- Replace your port number to 995.
- Connection: SSL
- Replace your active port number to 465
- Connection: SSL
Then, check if your issue has been settled.
- Disabling antivirus or windows firewall temporarily
You might be able to detect an intruding antivirus as it will be harming your Windows Server. If this trick does not fix your concern, then you should report the issue to your designer or replace the antivirus arrangement.
- Scan the PC for any malware
You can do this by either any antivirus program in the system or by Windows Defender.
For Win 10:
- Redirect to the Start button -> go to Settings -> then Update & Security.
- Next, go to Windows Defender -> Open Windows Defender ->tap Full.
For Win 8/8.1:
- Go to the Start menu -> Enter in ‘Windows Defender’ into the Search box-> Windows Defender
- Hit Update -> redirect to Home page -> choose Scan mode -> Full -> Scan now
For Win 7:
Redirect to the Start button -> Type ‘Defender’ into the Search bar -> Windows Defender -> Tap Scan
- Try Uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Live Mail
This move has supposedly helped numerous clients who experienced Windows Live Mail Error ID 800ccc0f.
- Firstly, click on the Start menu
- Secondly, open Control Panel
- Thirdly, click on Programs and Features
- Find Windows Live Mail
- Right-click and Uninstall.
At that point install it again and check whether you are receiving and able to forward messages through it now.
- Checking Windows Live Mail with another account
The frustrating thing is, the origin of your issue may lie in your PC itself. If your Windows Live Mail account functions admirably on another PC, then you should run a complete verification of your system. It may be experiencing non-ideal settings, gathered garbage or some other presentation ruining issues.
- Fixing registry
If none of the strategies above has helped you, your library may have gone out of order. It might contain invalid keys or degenerated sections that are the fault for wrecking your framework and becoming the cause of error Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0f.
If you want to eliminate this kind of error permanently, then try an automated solution. One such exception is EML Converter. The utility allows an individual to import EML files to PST file format to reduce the inconsistency level. Some of the incompetent features of the utility are exporting the EML file to distinct file formats and renowned webmail clients, date range filter to exclude extra mails, maintaining folder structure.
Summing It Up:
The above article suggests all the tips and tricks to resolve ‘’Windows Live Mail Error Id 0x800ccc0f. The non-verified approach might give out some drawbacks. Besides, no automated solution can resolve errors. One can only reduce the level of inconsistencies using a professional approach. The only way one can get rid of this error is by following the instructions step by step.